Tuesday 24 May 2011

My creative leap and it's craftastic at October Afternoon's '5 & dime'!

So I feel like a bit of a fraud - most cardmakers are stay at home mums, in the American suburbs, with a great life and wholesome smiles. I'm an inner-city woman, married but no kids, political interests, blah blah blah. But I guess craft knows no bounds! So I won't be filling this blog with pictures of my wholesome life (not that I am saying it isn't wholesome!) but rather what I craft.

If you are interested in buying or commissioning cards or invites just drop me a line through the blog. I'm also contemplating taking the step into selling on etsy or madeit - any thoughts - does it work? I'm knee deep in books about etsy selling and crafting your own business - but they are all pretty overwhelming! It's a big leap putting your stuff out there. I have been at home sick for the last few days and I had the time to create the blog and facebook page - I even ordered business cards and stickers! Either I am actually going to do this or I am absolutely delirious with antibiotics. It's six to one, half a dozen the other at the moment!

Anyway, on to some creations. So there are probably a few paper companies that I am absoutely in love with - American Crafts, Graphic 45 but the key to my heart is October Afternoon. Their collections are gorgeous, in fact there is one collection in particular that I am so in love with - Modern Homemaker - that I am too afraid to use so I don't spoil it! But I will be taking the plunge! Soon! I promise!

One of their newest collections is '5 & Dime' - it's got a fab retro feel to it and it so easy to make cards with it! All of the embellishments are gorgeous and I have been making my own too. Anyway, hope that you like them.




October Afternoon - thanks for the yummy papers (that are almost too good to use!) and to the other people out there in the blogosphere who inspire me! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment